Friday, April 8, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffanys.....NOT


Woke up to a gorgeous Sunday morning, sky is blue and of course it is cold.  We decide to walk to the financial district and look around Wall St., this is a great day for this, because as busy as it was on a Sunday, I couldn't imagine how crazy it would be on a work day!  Took a picture of Sean with the "Bull".  Its hard to believe, when looking around that billions of dollars are traded each day, fortunes are won and lost in a single moment.

Next, right around the corner, I think this was a terrific plan is Tiffanys.  If you make alot of money, celebrate by buying a gift for your wife, or husband, lose alot?  Better make it up to them by buying them a gift!  I couldn't wait to go, to walk through those doors and sniff all the jewelry....my
pace quickened as I knew we were getting close. The little blue box was calling out to me..walked up to the door and the closed sign was hanging right in front of me.. noooooooooo!  How could this be, I was in NY, I was standing in front of Tiffanys, and they had the nerve to be closed on a Sunday?  Heartbroken, tears streaming down my face, Scott jumping up and down with joy, yes, he was...we headed toward the ferry to go to Staten Island.

The Staten Island Ferry is a great free way to see the Statue of Liberty, you go right past her, and the opportunities for pictures are many.   It was a comfortable ride, a bit choppy, but not horrible and the people friendly.  This is a sort of commuter train, as such for the 'islanders' and puts you right in the downtown area.  The security is high, just like at the airport, Sean was concerned they were going to 'check his socks again' lol.  We got off the boat and hopped on the above ground subway to see some of the island, we rode it to the other side, then back again, ok, we saw Staten Island.


Once back in NY we decided to head over to Central Park, just a short subway ride away.  The park is gorgeous, and being a Sunday was crowded...people with kids at the many parks, and playgrounds, enjoying picnics and outdoor groups performing their skits.  I might also mention, LOTS of paparazzi with huge cameras, pointing towards some buildings across the street , have no idea what they were looking for, but, I admit, I kept my eyes open.
Yes, I know the pic is sideways, I will fix it, but hey, I am trying to catch up here on the train, no time for perfection :0.

Next stop Empire State Building, got some pictures of this then on to dinner at Lombardis for some New York pizza, then maybe a carriage ride...Well, put my glasses on, and we will not be taking a romantic carriage ride for three this trip, it was $50 for the first 20 minutes and $20 every ten minutes thereafter, thanks for the thought sweetie, but maybe next time, after Breakfast at Tiffanys....

Next stop?  Boston

love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment