Monday, March 28, 2011

Goodbye Chicago, Hello Washington, D.C.

Still trying to figure out how to add the pictures, used to be easier, I am trying to find the time.  Now that I am on the train, I should be able to 'look into it'.

Today in Chicago we went to the Field Museum and it was really incredible.  We spent some time in the morning searching through the dinosaur exhibit, then we went on to the Egyptian exhibit, some incredible mummies, then on to the nature exhibit.   Went back to the hotel to check out, store our bags, then hopped back on the EL for some more museum time.

We then had our first taste of authentic deep dish pizza, which to my surprise, was quite good, the crust wasn't too thick and it was STUFFED with cheese, sausge, and just a hint of sauce...YUM...I was good, I only tasted the crust and ate the 'stuffing', with a enormous salad on the side.

The day flew by and before you knew it, it was time to get to Amtrack for our overnighter to Washington, D.C.  All in all, a great day....and here we are....on the 'road' again..

love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment