Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lovely, Windy Chicago

If I won the lotto, this is one place that I would spend some money, on a penthouse with a view of Lake Michigan.  Such a vibrant and diverse city, so much culture and ambiance.....  I love that on a Saturday night, you can go into a popular Italian restaurant (Marcianno's), where people are dressed to the nines (date night, you know), wear jeans and feel totally at home.  Good food, not the 'best' as people tout, but good.   Come Sunday morning, you walk down the streets of downtown Chicago in the shopping district, (still in jeans)  Macys, A&F, you name the store, it is here and you see men, dressed impeccably in suits, ties, the women in their finest furs and heels right next to the young men and women with dreadlocks and "dropkick murphy" boots...very eclectic group of people.  You honestly can feel the electricity in the air, people are vibrant and walk with purpose, so different from So. Cal., where you k n o w people have something to do, somewhere to go, yet, the pace is slower.  I imagine when we get to New York, I will have the same feelings.

Today we went to the "Water Tower", the only building to survive the 1871 fire, and it is gorgeous, then to the John Hancock Center, where we took a 40 second elevator ride up 94 stories.  I will be posting pics, hoping to download some tonight, then I will start sharing those too!  We then took a ride on the "EL", just for fun, then went to the "Billy Goat Tavern" for their "Cheeseborger, Cheeseborger, Cheeseborger, No Pepsi, Coke, No Fries, Chips".....and they say this with each new customer.... This is ONLY going to register if you are an "OLD" like me Saturday Night Live fan......Jim Belushi helped to make this line, and this restaurant famous. My rating?  1 out of 5?  2  I know, it burst my own bubble, but well, "should have left the words 'untasted'. "

Well, gonna see about downloading the pictures.....Tomorrow, another day of Chicago, then we head to Washington D.C.  at 6pm....that will be an overnighter on the train.....more adventures to come.

love to all

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun..wish I was there..but hey I thought there would never be a Cheeseburger aka Cheeseborger that would rate that low. Maybe that why its a "borger"..lol
    Love Sis

    ReplyDelete